1 a large marble used for shooting in the game of marbles [syn: taw]
2 a person who shoots (usually with respect to their ability to shoot); "he is a crack shot"; "a poor shooter" [syn: shot]
3 a gambler who throws dice in the game of craps [syn: crap-shooter]
4 (sports) a player who drives or kicks a ball at the goal (or a basketball player who shoots at the basket)
5 a professional killer who uses a gun [syn: gunman, gunslinger, hired gun, gun, gun for hire, triggerman, hit man, hitman, torpedo]
- Rhymes: -uːtə(r)
- Someone who shoots something; a gunner, archer etc.
- A firearm.
- A videogame or arcade game in which shooting enemies (or targets) is the entire (or main) objective.
- (professional wrestling slang) A professional wrestler who uses actual fighting moves as part of his style, or who speaks his mind during a live or televised event (instead of speaking from a script).
- A large marble used for knocking smaller marbles out of a chalk circle.
- An alcoholic beverage typically served in a shot glass.
a shooting game
- SAMPA: /Su.te/
- To shoot up, inject oneself with drugs
Shooter may refer to:
Shooter is the name of:
- Shooter Jennings, (born 1979) a Country music singer and son of Waylon Jennings
Shooter may also refer to:
- Shoot (professional wrestling), a pro wrestler deviating from the script
- Shooters (film), a 2002 theatrical film
- Shooters (2001), a UK television 'drama documentary' film, set in Liverpool
- Shooters (bar), bar and restaurant in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- A raw oyster on the halfshell
- A large marble used in the game marbles
- A person who takes part in the sport or act of shooting
- A firearm, especially a handgun
- An industry nickname for camera operators on electronic news gathering shoots
- The late Rod Beck, baseball player
shooter in German: Shooter
shooter in French: Shooter